You really know how to dance! Haha, ok, if you remember the TV show, you remember the song...if not, skip this first sentence. Moving on.
I've been meaning to write this post for awhile now, and seeing as tomorrow's Thanksgiving, it seemed like the right time. I'm sitting here in my cozy living room, surrounded by clean things (note the clean part), candles burning, the smell of cupcakes in the air, the tea kettle on for a cup of tea...and I have a lot to be thankful for.
So...here's the post that's been written in my head since October (yes, that was a long time ago!) Honestly, I may have to do it in a few posts. Please bear with me and be patient.
What I Like About You....LAURA
~How nice-bossy you were when I was sick. I may have acted annoyed or whiny, but it was really nice how you took care of me and made me do stuff. I can't remember what, but I know you were bossy....but it worked.
~You got pink in your hair, too :)
~Going to college and living at home and getting good grades. I'd be too distracted with familiar things to ever get anything done. Way to be.
~You were recommended and placed on the nominating committee at church. That made me proud. The fact that you didn't tell any secrets also impressed and drove me nuts.
~Your taste in music - quite eclectic, but good.
~Your (familial) ability to quote movie lines and keep life interesting and people on their toes.
~The fact that you get excited about Shakespeare and the like.
~How you went to London and walked everywhere, met new people, and found a place to fit in.
What I Like About You...MEAGAN
~Your naturally curly beautiful red hair and how it can look good even on a "bad hair day"
~Your amazing ability to dance. I'm not quite sure how you're related to the rest of us.
~How you manage being in all the shows and extra things you do, while still being social, and getting schoolwork done well.
~Your sense of humor and how you can make people laugh.
~Your rule-breaking-ness...even though I'm still scared to go in the JCPenney dressing rooms.
~Your sense of style and self-confidence in everything you do - even if you're faking it.
~Your willingness to try new things.
~How you are being so open and honest about seeking to be wise and discerning in the things you do.
What I Like About You...MOM
~That time you got us slushies and brownies for lunch. That day is forever etched in my memory. I hope I can be that cool of a mom someday.
~Your dedication and loyalty to the people you love.
~The amazing example you set for all of us in your marriage and parenting. I want what you have one day, and I hope I can be like you when I grow up.
~The way you speak your mind and are honest about your opinions. I might not always like the delivery or always agree with you, but I admire your confidence.
~The way you smell after your bath. Ok, this one sounds creepy, but I always thought you smelled SO good after your bath. Usually, when I asked, you would say it was just soap. You probably used magic soap or something...
~How cute you looked with the pink in your hair.
~I really like going shopping with you. Sometimes I feel pretty superficial about that, but it's during those times that I feel most comfortable and at ease. Plus, we usually have really fun conversations and slushies are most often involved.
~How you treat me like an adult, even though I don't always have it figured out. I really like being your friend and daughter.
Well, looky there....I did do it all in one post. I really, really, really LOVE YOU ALL!!! And, I'm thankful for you.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Sonya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh my God I lvoe you kids! that was like a prayer-thingy. Don't forget to write one about dad. he loves your posts too.
Happy thanks-giving!!
Like your new background!!
Post a Comment