I spent a most delightful afternoon with my dear friend, Sarah Koller yesterday. (If I knew how to link to her blog, I would...maybe I'll figure it out. If I stop typing now to try that, I may never finish -- you know me and blogging!) {I did it!} It actually wasn't even a whole afternoon, more like an hour. But that hour was wonderful and somehow made the stresses of the week seem far away.
Sometimes it's just nice to know that someone else out there in the big old world feels the same way, too. Uncertain about jobs; hopeful about the future; totally in love with strawberries; wanting friendships to last; wary of any potential significant others for our siblings... We talked, picked strawberries and something magical happened. I began to feel refreshed...energized. I haven't felt that way in a while. A line from one of the pieces from my Spring Concert this past week seems to sum it up: "And the cares [those cares that pile up and pile up] that infest the day shall fold their tents and silently steal away" That's what happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I felt the same way!
Perhaps we should do things like that more often? (Even for just an hour.) I love you, Sonya, and I'm so, so glad that I get to have you in my life:-).
Post a Comment