Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sr. County Chorus Auditions

aka....let's suck the life out of all the music teachers in berks county!! haha, ok, that's a bit dramatic. So, I spent my afternoon/evening/night at Gov. Mifflin for county auditions. For the past week, I've been cursing Felix Mendelsohnn for his composition as I was helping kids prepare/cram for their audition. Allow me to take a moment to brag: Tiny, old, we hate music it's not a real class, Antietam ranked 1st in bass 1 (Jarrod Miller)!! Don't tell him, because he doesn't know yet and the list is not supposed to be public. But yay! In case you were wondering Bo was 40th (tenor) and the other two people didn't make it. Sad for the one, not for the other - didn't deserve it.
Anyway, I got home tonight around 9:30 and a light was on in my house. Weird cuz i didn't remember leaving one on. WELL, I cautiously made my way into the living room about to call out 'hello, anyone here?'....then i saw one of my dvd's out on the coffee table with a note. ah ha- an explanation. Turns out my mom had come over an tidied up my house...a lot. Dishes, bathroom, even the trash! I'm pretty sure we have the best mom in the world. Yep. So, thanks mama for all the prayers and encouraging words and for helping put my world back to a semblance of order once again. It kinda fell apart this weekend.
Ok, I'm exhausted, my head hurts and it's WAY late. Great, now I'm addicted to blogging....
Tomorrow is Jason's first day at his new job at Hatfield. or, the piggy place as he's been known to call it....
Love you all :)

3 comments:

sharon said...

great kids deserve the best! i try...oh about the aka. sucking the life out etc. Remember,Jesus came to GIVE us life and that more abundantly. Let Him fill you up!!

laura said...

Congratulations on your rankings! That's exciting! Hope you are feeling better. Does Jason like sick people or is he like you (eg you don't like sick people)? Did he bring you daisy's like in "You've got Mail"? Love you lots!

Sonya said...

thanks! no daisies, but he washed my dishes :) i know, not the same thing, but pretty dang close!