Monday, June 6, 2011

Just have to laugh!

Or cry....both, I think, would work for this! What am I doing, you might be wondering? Trying to choose music for the choir for next school year. I remember this task being somewhat fun and easy in past years. Not this year. Nope. Not at all. It is, however, highly entertaining! Please enjoy some of the titles (or lines from) some of the pieces I've encountered today. I had several "seriously?!?!?" moments this afternoon.

"We May Not Be Vampires (But We're Still Men!)" description: "your singers will affirm their worth because, after all, vampires aren't all that special.

"Echoes of Kindness" can we say "cheesy!!!"

"Whisper!" (the exclamation point should have made me pause before listening)

"Discovering Me" (didn't listen to it....title too creepy/weird)

"I Have a Shadow" (see above comment)

"Mashed Potato/Love Poem" ...."If I ever had to chose between you and a third helping of mashed potatoes....with melting butter....I think I'd choose the mashed potato..."

"Won't You Be My Neighbor" (choral suite from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood) now, I love Mr. Rogers and all, but this is a bit much...

I'm sure there was -- and will be -- more....but that's all for now.

EDIT: There's more!! "Santa get your action on, santa get here quick!" oh man.....

Favorites, anyone? The Vampire one is still the front runner for me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, my goodness! I didn't realized you were blogging again- I have so much to catch up on!

sharon said...

I vote for Mr. Rogers and if you pick a song about vampires I will have you committed.