New seasons make me feel energized....creative...like I can accomplish anything. Honestly, though, I think I get more of a high planning and dreaming of things I want to do than I actually get from completing them. Take this summer, for example. I had a great list of goals (one of them being to get up at 7 or 7:30 each morning and go for a 30-min. walk. ahem. moving right along) that never really was fully completed.
Still, as the air becomes cooler, the leaves start to change, sweaters are making more appearances, I get those restless feelings. Time to change things up. Make this season better than the last. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe this is the push I need to get out of the summer rut and move on with life. But maybe I won't make an impressive list of things I want to/need to do. What if I keep on living this life God has for me, but this season be on the lookout for ways to make it better. Maybe I still won't fully decorate the half-bath or give the study a room make-over. But I can light a candle, unpack another box, and be on the lookout for what I'm supposed to be doing rather than what I think I should be doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I've heard it called looking for a God sighting. Don't know if that sounds corny but I think I know what they mean. I think that's what you mean.
i just bought apple cider!
Post a Comment