I love making lists! No scrap piece of paper is safe around me when I need to get things done. I probably have 5 different shopping and/or to-do lists in my purse right now. (ok, so I'm not that great at cleaning out my purse....)
Friday of each week leaves me itching to get things done around the house. To finally catch up on laundry, get the dishes washed AND put away. To tidy up. To grocery shop. To do all those little things that add up during busy work weeks. And, I usually manage to get most of it done. But it leaves me feeling drained!
SO, this weekend, I made a new kind of list. Of things that I always want to do, but never get around to, what with all the "important" things needing my attention.
My weekend to-do list:
Play Christmas music on the piano
Drink hot chocolate
Bake Jason cookies
Read for fun (on my new Kindle -- thanks, honey!!)
Those were the things I focused on first. And ya know what? I got them all done -- except for drinking the hot chocolate.
I realized something, too, this Saturday. Even though I did all those things that I usually think of as "extra, non-essentials", I was still able to do all the laundry and tidy up the kitchen. Oh, and do a little grocery shopping. Our house isn't perfect or all in order, but that's ok. I feel like I really rested and enjoyed life this past weekend.
Maybe it's time I re-think my lists for good. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
i love this post! yay for making time for important relaxing things!
I love your new idea for to-do lists. Of course it's important to take care of our homes, but some things are just more important most of the time. You are one wise woman!
Also, I love reading your posts:-).
Post a Comment