This crib sheet, however, is special. It was signed by some of the people who love our baby the most. People who loved her before they knew her name...before she was even born. (That's why one of the messages starts out "Dear Lola" which was our code name for the baby, thanks to Aunt Meagan).
I had to change the crib sheet today. Turns out, drool and spit up show up the second they hit the brown crib sheet......and it was looking kinda gross. So, I pulled out the special sheet. I don't know why I hadn't used it earlier. I think I was saving it for "something special". Duh! This is not something to save, but to use. It is the perfect picture of community. Take a look:
| If anyone can tell me how to rotate this picture, that'd be great. |
So, if you're hosting a baby shower anytime soon, consider picking up a crib sheet and a pack of fabric markers for the guests to sign. It's such a simple, yet profound idea. I know that I will cherish Madison's, and when she's old enough to understand, she will, too.


No comments:
Post a Comment