Monday, March 11, 2013

It's March Already?!?

How is that possible?  I clearly have no concept of time.  Or at least I think it moves faster than it should.  I've lost all track of what day of the week it is since I've been home with Madison, and the actual date?  Forget it!  You're lucky I brushed my teeth.  So, yep, I was the mom in church on Sunday who filled in the Date section of the attendance card with "March".  That's it.  And that was after sitting there for several minutes trying to do some sort of crazy calendar math to try and guess what the date was.  It went something like this: "Well, I know March 4 was sometime this week, because I saw that I got an email on that day, according to the Gmail app on the iPod....so, today's Sunday, that would make it.........?!??!?!"  Yeah.

Anyway.....

February was probably the best month we've had in awhile!  It kind of became our vacation month, since Jason used up what was left of 2012's vacation days.  Although, let me tell ya, winter vacations are just not the same without the warm, sunny skies.  Weather aside, they were the best trips we've ever taken. :)  To ease us in to road-tripping with an infant, we spent a weekend with Jason's aunt & uncle in Maryland.  Madison was great and slept the whole way there and back!  And we thought, hey, we'll be pros when it comes to our Indiana trip.  hahahahaha

Genius idea: Let's drive all 10 hours through the night so Madison's sleep schedule won't be thrown off.
Stupidest thing ever: Let's finish packing, work a half day, squeeze in two doctor's appointments, and not nap before we do the genius idea!

However, the time with Meagan and Dave was SOOOO refreshing and relaxing and just all around wonderful.  I don't know that I can explain just how nice it was to see them, talk with them, and just be around them for several days.  Without lots of fancy plans, without high expectations.  Just enjoying the company.  It was like picking up where we left off, and it made it seem like maybe they don't live more than 600 miles away.

That's what I like about vacations.  Time seems to stop.  You don't have to worry about laundry or bills or "regular" life stuff.  It's a break from reality.  It was perfect timing to have that break in the middle (ok, maybe end?) of winter rather than waiting until summertime.  It was the same relaxing feeling as vacationing in the mountains (Jason said it, and he was perfectly right!). 

Vacations never last long enough, but coming back to reality wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  Maybe that's the mark of a true vacation.  I got back and had a surprising burst of energy, a feeling of "I can do this!"  Add in the extended period of sunlight from daylight savings, and this mama is unstoppable!

{Pictures to follow in the next post; don't panic, grandparents!}

No comments: